python distutils on Fedora 20

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Tue Oct 28 12:43:01 UTC 2014

Thanks Alec:
I was using the executable g++ which was installed by the gcc-c++
package, so the gcc-c++ package was installed on the Fedora 20 system.

Your comment about locate cc1plus was a big help. If I add
     /usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.8.2
to my execution path, then the setup.py command works on Fedora 20 . If
not, it fails

The strange thing is that cc1plus is not in the execution path on the
Fedora 19 system (where the setup script works)   but it is on the
system (if one checks locate).

I think this is a bug in the Fedora 20 distribution of distutils. Do you
agree ?