Cron jobs output are sent to the network by default

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Wed Oct 29 20:53:42 UTC 2014

On 10/29/2014 04:08 PM, Andrew Lutomirski wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2014 11:33 AM, "Miloslav Trmač" <mitr at redhat.com
> <mailto:mitr at redhat.com>> wrote:
>  >

cron default is not the problem IMHO. What if another program is able to
send email if sendmail command is available but it is optional? then it
will send all those emails using the default SMTP server configured on
ssmtp, instead of doing direct delivery to those target domains of the
email, no other available mailer on Fedora do automatic relay to another
in the middle MTA by default.

Another thing is that is not possible to disabled ssmtp, you can remove
the configuration line "mailhub" but it will try the host "mailhub"
instead of "mail", the only way to "disable" it without resorting to
install another MTA after being pulled by smartmontools is to use
something like "mailhub=localhost" and make it fail