Q: Splitting existing pkg into subpackages?!

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 09:32:33 UTC 2014

Hi all!

Feeling dumb (again...) I have a package which I now need to split into
subpackages. Also, I want the original package to just be an empty one
pulling in all the new subpackages, giving a smooth upgrade path
(installing the base package installs everything, as it used to be).

My problems are the deps. Is there a way to add a Requires: *only* to
the base package? This is really what I want to do, but adding it among
the others will let also the sub-packages inherit it which becomes a
mess. Or am I just thinking in the wrong direction?

This must be done so many times... anyone, out there?

Cheers!

--alec