possibly problem with rawhide (systemd-217?): "Found ordering cycle on basic.target/start"

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Oct 31 15:46:13 UTC 2014

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:30:31 +0100
Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 31.10.14 16:20, Lennart Poettering (mzerqung at 0pointer.de)
> wrote:

> > > I wonder if the new ordering dependency between
> > > systemd-journal-flush.service and systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service
> > > (added in 74055aa76 "journalctl: add new --flush command and make
> > > use of it in systemd-journal-flush.service") participates in the
> > > ordering cycles.
> >
> > Ahh, indeed. It moves remote-fs.target into the early-boot where it
> > doesn't belong.
> >
> > My fault.
> >
> > Will drop the remote-fs.target dep from the flush service.
> >
> > Thanks for tracking this down.
>
> Would be good if somebody who ran into this problem could check if
> this change fixes it:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/units/systemd-journal-flush.service.in?id=919699ec301ea507edce4a619141ed22e789ac0d
>
> (the actual commit unfortunately contains an unrelated change to
> nspawn, I fucked that up, sorry. Ignore everything but the change to
> systemd-journal-flush.service)

Yep. Seems to fix up the looping here. ;)

I still see:

Oct 31 09:42:29 voldemort.scrye.com systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit nfs.target, ignoring: Unit nfs.target failed to load: No such file or directory.
Oct 31 09:42:29 voldemort.scrye.com systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit systemd-readahead-replay.service, ignoring: Unit systemd-readahead-replay.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Oct 31 09:42:29 voldemort.scrye.com systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit systemd-readahead-collect.service, ignoring: Unit systemd-readahead-collect.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

But those seem cosmetic/unrelated.

Thanks much for the quick fix!

kevin