Dist-git for Copr

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Fri Sep 5 13:05:26 UTC 2014

On 09/04/2014 06:28 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> ok. Lets back up here before we start talking implementation...
>
> What would be in this dist-git?

Everything what is going to be built in Copr.

> Any legally allowed in Fedora code/projects?

Yes. See
   https://fedorahosted.org/copr/wiki/UserDocs#WhatIcanbuildinCopr
for precise wording.

> Who could commit to each one? Just whoever was wanting to build in
> copr? Or a group of folks? Or ? How could they add/remove commiters?

Copr projects have at least one owner and can have several co-maintainers (we call it "build permission").
The ACL would be set/removed by Copr itself. Similarly like pkgdb do that now.

> How would they tell copr what dists to build for? Just setting in copr
> on it and it uses the same checkout for each dist?

My idea was that you would sent to Copr (either via fedpkg or copr-cli) request to build package foo in project
msuchy/bar. Client would check which sha is HEAD and send that sha to server. Server will check if sha belongs to
dist-git branch msuchy/bar of package foo and if yes server will build SRPM from that sha and build that package in
project msuchy/bar in Copr.

> The source would be in some lookaside I guess?

Yes.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS