Future changes in the new package and new branch processes

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sat Sep 6 05:52:52 UTC 2014

On 09/05/2014 05:08 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:

> * packager requests new branch in pkgdb (2 clicks)
>       => requests added to the scm admin queue
> * cvsadmin checks the request/package (check if package exists in the RHEL for
>    EPEL branch request - check if the user is a packager done in pkgdb itself)
I guess, EPEL is just an example for a "new branch" to create?

We also have cases were packages only exists in newer Fedoras (eg.
rawhide only), until someone comes along and asks for branches to be
created in older Fedoras.

> * cvsadmin approves the creation of the new branch in pkgdb
>       => branch creation broadcasted on fedmsg
> * git adjusted automatically
What does this sentence mean? Create an empty branch or even to populate
it from some other branch?

I don't think, the later is applicable, because e.g. rawhide packages
often aren't applicable on older EPELs, while branches based on older
versions are.

Ralf