timedated is broken by default in F21

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Tue Sep 9 13:44:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-09-09 at 08:37 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> (1) carry a downstream patch to
> systemd, (2) carry a downstream patch to gnome-control-center

Note that (1) would be much easier, since that patch is small and
already exists. I expect other distros will either do this, or, more
likely, leave gnome-control-center broken. I can see Fedora switching to
timesyncd, but I doubt there's a realistic chance of that happening in
Debianland or other major distros.

> or (3)
> drop chrony from the default install. (Is there any reason to keep
> chrony?)

Reading [1], it looks like there is a good reason to keep using chrony.

[1]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-August/022537.html