Finding all the source packages that include a copy of valgrind.h

Mark Wielaard mjw at redhat.com
Fri Sep 12 20:44:14 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-09-12 at 11:25 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On 09/12/2014 10:09 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > Is there a magic repoquery that I could run, or some other way to search
> > through all source rpm files?
>
> Unfortunately, no. Some packages compile with their local copy of valgrind.h and
> it won't appear in a -devel or -debuginfo package due to special debuginfo
> gathering. (Example: mingw-glib2)
>
> You'll have to download all the source and perform a massive grep.

Yeah, that is sadly not going to happen. I am willing to go through the
packages that can easily be identified (through the repoquery trick Josh
showed). And to file bug reports against them if they really include a
private copy of the valgrind.h header. But I am not going to download
all source rpms just so I can locally grep through them.

Would be nice if the was a fedora "cloud service" for that though :)

Cheers,

Mark