[RETRACTION] Re: Unofficial Poll: Flock 2015 (North America) Bids

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 14:26:29 UTC 2014

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 09:04:52 -0400 (EDT)
Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:

> > On Sep 22, 2014, at 8:08 AM, Matthias Runge
> > <mrunge at matthias-runge.de> wrote:
> >
> >> On 22/09/14 02:36, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> >>
> >> (Sorry for top-posting)
> >>
> >> I've been informed that there is an *official* poll coming shortly
> >> from the Flock Planning Committee. Please disregard this thread
> >> and await that poll.
> >>

> > To make it a bit more complicate: could we have more specific dates
> > as well?
> >
> > It might become tricky (or more expensive) to get to e.g Cape Cod
> > during Holiday season?
> >

> We have quotes from venues for the last week of August and the first
> (and second, I think) week of September. The rates are quite good.
> ($129-159/night at the hotels.)

I guess Matthias had in mind airfares, in August it is high season and
airfares will be much higher than at other times.

Unfortunately I cannot check whether there is a difference in price
between last week of august and later because a couple of websites I
tried do not allow you to book tickets that far in advance.

OTOH you do not want to have flock at Cape Cod in winter :-)

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York