[systemd-devel] I wonder… why systemd provokes this amount of polarity and resistance

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Sep 22 14:35:40 UTC 2014

Am 22.09.2014 um 16:25 schrieb Miloslav Trmač:
> (stripping systemd-devel)

possibly yes but i am still concerned that it is the wrong way
to add each year new rules to filter and drop a growing amount
of messages which should not exist in a non-debugging environment

* they produce load twcie (generate and filter)
* they lead to rotate the in memory journal more often
* nobody knows what a later release adds which falls in "systemd but not PID1"
  and would also be stripped
* the real solution has to be adressed upstream: reduce verbose level on
  a normal installation and create the noise only in debug levels

i really don't get why other software for decades knows different
log levels (informational, only warn, only critical errors) and
just systemd needs to go they way of "produce anything always"

that's hardly the attitude demanding long year users of Linux
systems to be all time friendly and nice when you day for day
give them the feeling of no care