Is there another Java Mass Rebuild scheduled for Fedora 21?

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 14:49:43 UTC 2014

On 09/23/2014 04:41 PM, Robert Rati wrote:
> I noticed that some updates to java packages have moved the jar file
> locations or changed the jar name, which has broken symlinks in
> dependent packages.  I know log4j12 changed the location of the jar and
> org.eclipse.osgi_3.10.0.v20140731-1655.jar changed versions to
> org.eclipse.osgi_3.10.0.v20140918-0803.jar.

For Equinox (org.eclipse.osgi_*.jar) you should use
/usr/share/java/eclipse/osgi.jar symlink, which is always up-to-date and
points to lib/ or lib64/ depending on system arch (noarch packages can
have symlinks to osgi.jar, but not org.eclipse.osgi_*.jar).

For log4j12, I don't see any problem. Can you provide more details?

> Is there a plan to do another mass rebuild of the java bits?  If not,
> can we schedule one?

We're already after Alpha release, I don't think we can or should have
any mass rebuild. Instead we should focus on finding and fixing bugs in
individual packages.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat