How to handle upgrades to Fedora 21

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Sep 24 16:50:33 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
>

> Ah, you're right. On the other hand I think all spins are somehow
> desktop related (at least now), so moving spins to use workstation
> as the base is probably desirable
>
> No. It is not. Workstation is GNOME based. Most spins are for alternative
> desktop environments

Well, initial plan was other desktop environments are going to use
workstation as base. It definitely makes sense, we want to have a
base for all desktops (aka having same underlaying technology aka
GStreamer, UDisks) and it would simplify upgrades a lot.

Also I still hope we will overcome all "GNOME", "KDE", "BLABLA" based
thing and will ship Workstation product that serves it's purpose, showing
the best open source software. First step with inclusion of Qt and KDE
libs is being done.

But it's another discussion.

Jaroslav