planned bind-pkcs11 changes in F20+

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Thu Sep 25 15:18:18 UTC 2014

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014, Tomas Hozza wrote:

> I would like to inform everyone about changes I plan to do
> in Fedora 20+ due to Bug 1097752 (Support for native PKCS#11
> interface - needed by FreeIPA).
>
> Currently there is a bind-pkcs11 package which includes
> couple of utilities needed for working with PKCS#11.
>
> - From the user feedback I got during the past year or so, utilities
> from PKCS#11 didn't work much. I backported the native
> PKCS#11 functionality from Bind 9.10 and plan to add/change
> the following sub-packages:

Sounds good to me. The only people this would affect are those running
bind with an hsm, and we'd hope they would be on rhel/centos to begin
with. But even if this moves gradually into there, it looks good.

I was hoping bind 9.10+ would be able to do runtime pkcs#11 hsm stuff :/
without the need for hacking and recompiling.

Paul