Major wiki revisions: release process documentation, package maintenance instructions, repository documentation, Changes...

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 16:37:18 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> On Fri, 2014-09-26 at 05:32 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > > Hi, folks. As I hinted a bit, and as some of you might know from IRC,
> > > I've spent the last ~24 hours on something of an epic Wiki revision
> > > spree. I made some fairly major and possibly significant changes, so
> > > under the 'ask forgiveness' principle I thought I'd post a quick summary
> > > here.
> >
> > We forgive you for doing so much of awesome work... :-) Thanks, Adam.
> >

> > > * As already mentioned, the "Change Deadlines" are no more. They are now
> > > "Milestone Freezes". See
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Milestone_freezes . (Yeah, I can't decide
> > > on the capitalization). All (I think) significant linking pages have
> > > been updated appropriately. The new page should, I hope, form a useful
> > > and succinct guide to how the milestone freezes actually work.
> >
> > This page still speaks of deadlines, I assume we should rename it to
> > Alpha/Beta/Final Freeze instead?
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/21/Schedule
>
> My recklessness stopped at the current release schedule - I thought I'd
> wait till I saw jreznik, because I'd asked him about the rename in
> principle and he was in favour but I hadn't asked if it was OK to do it
> for a release in progress. So I was waiting to get the go-ahead from him
> before doing that. I see from his later mails that he's done it already
> though, so we're all good :)

And as we're already changing bits during release I'd like to change release
time to use UTC instead of ET. We talked a lot about it but actually - never
committed to it. To make the life easier for US folks, 15:00 UTC (we have
14:00 and 15:UTC mapped to 10 AM ET) should be the time. Talking to Robyduck
trying to figure out time difference each time is sometimes flustrating,
specially as the summer time changes are out of sync. And previously we had
Robyn in the gang with another different timezone without summer time :).

Jaroslav