Strange link error on rawhide

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Apr 2 12:59:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

ClanLib currently fails to build properly on rawhide, I've narrowed
the problem down to a link error while building a conftest from
the configure script:

configure:15948: g++ -o conftest  -I/usr/include/freetype2  -Wl,-z,relro -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-ld conftest.cpp -lfreetype  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ccKrsAte.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbol `FT_Init_FreeType' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

I'm not sure what is happening here, any hints to help address this
would be appreciated.

Regards,

Hans