Time sync

Miloslav Trmač mitr at redhat.com
Thu Apr 2 13:25:30 UTC 2015

> > Hello,
> > > Besides gnome-control-center then, I guess the switch of
> > > systemd-timedated to only supporting systemd-timesyncd
> > > impacts FreeIPA too.
> >
> > Are you aware of
> > https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-November/204658.html ?
>
> Yes, and I don't want to make changes to gnome-control-center that would only
> be applicable to Fedora. The point of use timedatectl is that we don't have
> to do a version for each distribution. Change timedated to do "the right thing"
> instead.

AFAICT gnome-control-center is “fine” with timedatex used (well, working in Fedora; I’m not trying to solve upstream here).  It just seemed to me that Colin’s original analysis (focusing on Atomic, not g-c-c) was not taking timedatex int account, and thus perhaps misleading (at the very least in the FreeIPA part, and thus perhaps for the other aspects of Atomic as well.)
    Mirek