dnf replacing yum and dnf-yum

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 15:04:07 UTC 2015

> On 04/03/2015 03:41 PM, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade wrote:
>> DEBUG util.py:388:  No such command: builddep. Please use /usr/bin/dnf --help
>> DEBUG util.py:388:  It could be a DNF plugin command.
>>
>> I will review using a release other than rawhide.
>
> Just install dnf-plugins-core.

  It should have been installed in an update, e.g. as a dependency
of any packagers tool.

  It is also not available in any repo, for rhel7 (I would expect it
in epel). I run mock frequently in rhel7, but usually just as a simple
way to create a rawhide, f22 or f21 chroot.

[[off-topic:  Anyway, I made the review on a f21 box in a f21 mock
config, as it required java, and java is currently broken in rawhide.]]

>> But suddenly it stopped being useful,
>> and yum became again functional, so, I have been using only
>> yum.
>
> This does not solve anything. Software had bugs, have bugs and will have bugs.
> When something is broken, report it. Give developers some time to fix it and return after some time.

  It is hard to give up on something that looks useful, and I am
afraid, was being better for me than its substitute. Sure I gave
it a try, when yum was broken in rawhide. But when dnf
stopped working, and yum solved the problems, I just switched
back.

> --
> Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS
> Red Hat, Senior Software Engineer, #brno, #devexp, #fedora-buildsys

Thanks,
Paulo