dnf replacing yum and dnf-yum

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 3 19:18:59 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-04-03 at 12:18 -0300, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade wrote:
> <paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com>:

> > > Just install dnf-plugins-core.
> >
> >   It should have been installed in an update, e.g. as a dependency
> > of any packagers tool.
> >
> >   It is also not available in any repo, for rhel7 (I would expect
> > it
> > in epel). I run mock frequently in rhel7, but usually just as a
> > simple
> > way to create a rawhide, f22 or f21 chroot.
>
> Nevermind, I thought dnf-plugins-core would be something that would
> fix mock chroot generation with fedora-review, it is just
> documentation,
> not related to mock.

mock should be adapted to dnf or changed to call yum-deprecated on F22
and F23.

the 'resolvedep' command was already marked as deprecated *in yum*:

        * resolvedep dep1 [dep2] [...]
           (maintained  for  legacy  reasons  only - use repoquery or
yum pro‐
       vides)

so mock really should've been ported off it a while back. If there
isn't a bug on mock for this already, we should file one.

As msuchy said, the best thing to do when you encounter something that
has been affected by the transition is to file a bug and get it fixed,
not just use an older release.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey