A proposal for Fedora updates

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Apr 7 00:20:10 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 23:28:15 +0000,
  Bojan Smojver <bojan at rexursive.com> wrote:
>Kevin Fenzi <kevin <at> scrye.com> writes:
>
>Imagine a regular Fedora user - the one that has no idea about koji. This
>regular user wants to contribute by testing packages as they are built. This

At that point I don't think they are a regular user any more. And depending
on wehat they want to test they might want to do thinks differently. There
are ways to get alerted about changes to specific packages or just look
at recent builds. Essentially to switch to this mode of operation, they
are going to have to learn something new, and adding a new repo may not be
the best approach for people wanting to do this. What probably would be
helpful is easy to find documentation about how to find out about new
packages you might want to test and how to get them installed. And maybe
a few scripts that could simplify the task for a few different cases.