dnf replacing yum and dnf-yum

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 7 16:37:47 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-04-07 at 18:33 +0200, drago01 wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net
> > wrote:

> > > WHAT?
> > >
> > > --skip-broken is a band-aid to work around packaging mistakes
> > > and bugs
> > > and NOT be the default.
> > >
> > > IMO, this kind of behavior is not helpful and therefore should
> > > be reverted
> >

> > +1
> >
> > that's unacceptable and leads in burry *real* problems resulting
> > in sonner
> > or later security updates are broken and nobody take snotice soon
> > enough
>
> The bug is elsewhere though ... i.e. that is even possible to push
> updates with broken deps.
> Rawhide is a different story but everything that goes through bodhi
> (stable releases and branched) should simply refuse pushes with
> broken
> deps.

This is easier said than done. We don't have a perfect dependency
checker and it's not at all easy to write one. tflink and John Dulaney
have more details if you're interested, but yes, this is not a trivial
thing we can just wave a wand and make happen.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey