dnf replacing yum and dnf-yum

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Apr 7 17:05:57 UTC 2015

Am 07.04.2015 um 19:02 schrieb Marcin Juszkiewicz:
> W dniu 07.04.2015 o 18:39, Ralf Corsepius pisze:
>
>> skip broken
>> - is pushing fedora users into chaotic situations.
>> - to cheat fedora users and to play down the "real problems".
>>
>> In a perfect world skip-broken should not even exist.
>
> In a perfect world all Fedora packages would be always installable. And
> would not require users to use external repositories for whatever they need.
>
> But we do not live in such one.
>
> For me "--best" was a switch to tell which rpmfusion packages block
> updates (solved with manual rebuild of mplayer and all dependencies for
> f22)

but with such *defaults* you make the world *worser*

* dependencies may be broken only on specific setups
* the user don't take notice
* the user don't get a possible important update
* the user won't file a bugreport because he don#t know

when something on my system has problems *i ant to know* that and i can
type --skip-broken at my own to get other updates *while* write a
bugreport to get the other problem fixed