Orphaning Zoneminder

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Apr 7 22:29:37 UTC 2015

I'm orphaning the zoneminder package on all branches.  Feel free to pick
it up if you wish to maintain it.

Zoneminder is a security camera monitoring system.  Back in the dark
days of history I ended up becoming the de-facto maintainer when the
original maintainer went away, though he still owned it in pkgdb.  I've
removed him from the package as well, so it is now completely orphaned.

I've not been a particularly good maintainer of zoneminder, and the
package always had issues in Fedora in any case because it really
wanted to have ffmpeg available and was somewhat crippled by patching it
out.  Plus it's a pretty complicated system in any case.

I've now revamped my security system and have cameras that are
intelligent enough that I don't need most of what zoneminder provides.
I had done some extremely preliminary work to update it to a recent
version, but currently it doesn't build and has a number of open bugs.

 - J<