An everyday tale of dnf

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Apr 8 15:21:40 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 12:14:17 +0100,
  Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
>fedora22 [~] % sudo dnf upgrade
>Failed to synchronize cache for repo '_local' from 'file:///var/lib/dnf/plugins/local': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried, disabling.

You can disable that plugin, though there was a bug related to that that I
reported and got fixed.

>WTF! Oh, of course, removing that removes dnf-plugins-extras and then everything
>else counts as auto installed and gets removed. After ceasing banging my head on

I mentioned this effect in my bug about the snapper plugin suggesting it
not be on by default because it can use significant resources and that
it should be controlled by a config file, since in the default
configuration, removing that plugin is going to remove a bunch of others.

It sounds like you might be happier setting clean_requirements_on_remove
to false in dnf.conf .