Moving Docker image under Cloud edition?

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 9 07:40:04 UTC 2015

> On Wednesday, April 08, 2015 01:36:11 PM Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Currently the Docker image is located on the Spins page, on the sidebar.
> > I know we also put the images in Docker Hub, but I'd like to pull this
> > under the Cloud pages and start rolling up promotion of the Docker image
> > with the Cloud edition.
> >
> > Thoughts, comments, flames?
>
> the docker base image is part of the Base WG. so it seems wrong to put it
> on
> the Cloud page,  but we should do something to advertise it more.
>
> Dennis
> --

I substantially agree with Dennis, Docker is not a product and can be used
for many purposes, so getfedora.org is not really an option. We (websites)
put Docker (but also ARM) temporary on spins.fpo because we hadn't any
better place to promote it.
We are already working on redesigning spins.fedoraproject.org and to give
ARM and Docker a better place where to live. You can look at the webticket
#315 to know more.

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/ticket/315

--
Robert Mayr