Roadmap for Mono packages in Fedora ?

Xavier Lamien laxathom at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 9 21:04:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 10:36 PM Gabriel L. Somlo <gsomlo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been given a (.net4.5/c# + vmware) project to port to
> Fedora/RHEL (mono + kvm), so I suddenly find myself interested
> in gaining access to late-model official Fedora packages for
> mono (4.0.0 alpha is just out) and monodevelop (currently at 5.7.0).
>
> The current F21 versions are 2.10.8 and 2.8.8, respectively, and
> I see those versions are still the same in rawhide.
>
> Are there any plans to package the more recent versions in F22 or F23 ?

There are.

Gabriel (fas: elsupergomez) has some build around here:
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/elsupergomez/mono-4/

Lately,  Moez (fas: moezroy) started to look at it closely with some
scratch builds here:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/scratch/moezroy/task_9392781/ .

They will have more input to give you on the status.