dnf replacing yum and dnf-yum

Radek Holy rholy at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 10:39:14 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Hm, I think that it depends on the use case. AFAIK, distro-sync is mostly used to upgrade Fedora (an unsupported approach AFAIK) and to replace some testing/3rd-party versions of package with the "official" ones. (BTW, I'd appreciate if anyone will share their use case) While in the first case, I think that the upgrade's behaviour is preferred, in the other case, the install's behaviour is better IMO. (Which dangerously indicates that the --skip-broken switch is a good solution :( )

Anyway, file an RFE (if it isn't filed already) please. We can track/discuss it there.

Thank you in advance
--
Radek HolĂ˝
Associate Software Engineer