plowshare is not shipped with modules anymore

Elder Marco eldermarco at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 19:01:38 UTC 2015

Hello,

Since version 2.x.x. plowshare is not shipped with modules anymore. There
are two repositories. The main repository [1], with the core package, and a
new repository, with the modules [2].

Due the massive change of hosters, the modules are always beeing updated,
and a little tool "plowmod" deal with modules updates. This tool can
install and update the modules locally, which is much better than to
provide the modules inside the package.

So, upstream recommends to deal with "plowshare" core only, which it is
quite stable. And I agree.

So, the question is: Am I violating Fedora Packaging Guidelines if I do not
provide the modules into fedora repositories?

Sorry for possible english mistakes.

[1] - https://github.com/mcrapet/plowshare
[2] - https://github.com/mcrapet/plowshare-modules-legacy

--
Elder Marco
GNU/Linux User: #471180

"O conhecimento é tristeza: aqueles que mais sabem são os que mais
profundamente devem lamentar a mais fatal verdade, a árvore do conhecimento
não é a da vida." (Da tragédia Manfred, de Byron e citado por Nietzsche em
"Humano, Demasiado humano")