dnf replacing yum and dnf-yum

Jan Zelený jzeleny at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 07:47:45 UTC 2015

On 10. 4. 2015 at 16:21:14, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 03:52:32PM +0200, Jan Zelený wrote:
> > I've been using just `dnf update` to update my system for almost a year
> > now
> > and there is not a single package on my system that is not updated to the
> > latest version in the repo.
>
> Hmm, but doesn't that mean that you wouldn't care if '--best' became
> the default?

I guess ... I'm trying point out that if you don't need to have every single
update as soon as it's out, both ways will work for you equally well.

> To decide what the default should be you need to look at use cases
> where the option makes a difference and then find out, what's best
> (or most convenient) for the user.

Agreed. I guess I'm just reluctant to change the default at the first sign of
inconvenience. Chances are that the change will be inconvenient to many more
people who are quiet so far because everything works great for them.

Thanks
Jan