dnf interactive config file updates

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 14:45:41 UTC 2015

I see that dnf has sprung apt-style configuration file messages:

  $ sudo dnf install mingw32-srvany
  Using metadata from Mon Apr 13 13:56:00 2015 (1:43:07 hours old)
  Package mingw32-srvany-1.0-15.20150115gitfd659e77.fc23.noarch is already installed, skipping.
  Dependencies resolved.
  Nothing to do.
  Configuration file '/etc/pam.d/fingerprint-auth'
  lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root  19 Feb 21  2012 /etc/pam.d/fingerprint-auth -> fingerprint-auth-ac
  -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 701 May  9  2012 /etc/pam.d/fingerprint-auth.rpmnew

   ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
     What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
      Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
      N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
        D     : show the differences between the versions
        M     : merge configuration files
        Z     : background this process to examine the situation
        S     : skip this file
   The default action is to keep your current version.
  *** aliases (Y/I/N/O/D/M/Z/S) [default=N] ?

In fact I _didn't_ change that file, so the message is wrong.

I suspect we'll end up with Debian interactive installs, which as a
Debian user I find to be a regression.

- 'dnf -y install' doesn't suppress the message.

- In fact you cannot even kill it with ^C.  You have to killall -9 dnf.

This happens on dozens of file now, every time I use dnf.  Make it go
away!

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v