plowshare is not shipped with modules anymore

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Apr 13 16:52:26 UTC 2015

EM> So, upstream recommends to deal with "plowshare" core only, which it
EM> is quite stable. And I agree.

Well, look at how clamav does it.  The package provides a snapshot of
the virus data so that we can ship _something_.  This will be updated
when freshclam runs.

EM> So, the question is: Am I violating Fedora Packaging Guidelines if I
EM> do not provide the modules into fedora repositories?

Perhaps read over
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Packages_which_are_not_useful_without_external_bits

Personally, I would still ship a module package, but for that to work,
the software has to have a mechanism for local downloads to override
system-provided modules.

 - J<