Minutes from Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2015-04-16)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Thu Apr 16 18:35:38 UTC 2015

#fedora-meeting-2: Env and Stacks (2015-04-16)

Meeting started by hhorak at 17:04:24 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2015-04-16/env-and-stacks.2015-04-16-17.04.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* modular fedora next  (hhorak, 17:05:32)
   * LINK: http://mattdm.org/fedora/2015status/rings2015.svg   (mattdm,
     17:07:23)
   * LINK:
     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives/Fedora_Editions,_Phase_2
     (mattdm, 17:08:47)
   * LINK:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/desktop/2014-December/011211.html
     (mattdm, 17:13:49)
   * jwb ostree helps with a lot of things that just plain RPM doesn't
     (mattdm, 17:14:12)
   * rpm-ostree layering capabilities seem really important to this plan
     (mattdm, 17:17:22)
   * LINK: https://github.com/alexlarsson/xdg-app   (vpavlin, 17:20:17)
   * xdg-app is basically a technology to sandbox a gui application (very
     briefly said)  (hhorak, 17:22:24)
   * (different speeds): <mattdm> I think we need some specific use cases
     for things moving at different speeds and a picture of what that'd
     look like  (walters, 17:26:03)
   * "oddly enough i'd like to leverage rpm-ostree to make fedora much
     less broken. we shouldn't be used to it" -- jwb  (mattdm, 17:29:37)
   * LINK:

https://lists.projectatomic.io/projectatomic-archives/atomic-devel/2014-October/msg00002.html
     (walters, 18:27:34)

Meeting ended at 18:34:26 UTC.