Roaming, and libresolv being stuck in the 1980's mindset

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Sat Apr 18 19:57:53 UTC 2015

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 21:49:57 +0200, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> I recently opened a bug with glibc because persistent programs (like
> Thunderbird, etc) don't seem to handle roaming onto different networks very
> well.

dnf install bind-chroot, enable it, start it
echo >/etc/resolv.conf nameserver 127.0.0.1
chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf

ISPs have commonly their DNS servers broken, they hijack the resolving etc.

I am aware it may not be friendly to root nameservers but it is the only way
to get reliable networking (OT: with openvpn to access public Internet).

Jan