A proposal for Fedora updates

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Mon Apr 20 16:11:50 UTC 2015

On Ter, 2015-03-31 at 23:53 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Ter, 2015-03-31 at 16:11 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 10:55:38 +0200
> > Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > Few minutes, but manual minutes. IIRC rest of the process is
> > > automatic. Do we really need human here? What can be extraordinary
> > > here? Even if I have that security incident years ago in my mind, I
> > > could not figure out why we need human reviewing list of packages to
> > > sign.
> >
> > Well, fully automated processes are good at just doing what they are
> > told, and humans are good (sometimes) at spotting patterns, so I could
> > see a human catching something like an old obviously not current
> > package being in the signing list, or some obvious bad version of a
> > existing package. Shrug.
> >
> > We have been working on automated signing of rawhide, and this could
> > replace the humans elsewhere too,
>
> I vote in automated updates-testing with one regularity of pushes (2
> times a day for example)

And why I think that push to update-testing should be automated and
regular ? because some builds depends on other builds and, or we use
buildroot overrides or we wait for packages be pushed to  update-testing
and second option is simpler. The problem is if the pushes stops for
some reason (holidays, weekends etc)

--
Sérgio M. B.