Making 3rd party gstreamer codecs work in F22

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 22:17:54 UTC 2015

On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 20:53:12 +0200, Andreas Tunek wrote:

> I of course do not want to tell anyone what to spend their time on,
> but do you not think that this effort would be better spent helping
> the 3rd party repos (rpmfusion) getting ready for F22 than building
> compatibility layers?

Well, they could simply configure their buildsys to add a build target for
F22. The same buildsys that's still being used to build for F21 and older.
Based on Plague and Fedora Extra pushscripts. Instead, everything has been
put on ice. Info on their mailing-lists is sparse. Not even packagers and
users are informed. There are a few tickets in bugzilla that don't give a
hint either. Years ago it has been planned already to migrate to git, koji,
bodhi, pkgdb and other infrastructure pieces as known from Fedora.