Annonce: qt-virt-manager

Marcin Juszkiewicz mjuszkiewicz at redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 13:11:33 UTC 2015

W dniu 22.04.2015 o 19:36, Fl at sh pisze:
> Hi, all! I'm developing qt-virt-manager. I have to say: this is not a
> Qt-clone of the virt-manager. The application is able to perform a
> lot, so I suggest you to use, and look forward to your wishes.

Installed it on my F22 system where I have rhel7 in KVM and use
virt-manager to manage it (as it is easy and powerful tool).

Then I launched your tool. UI is scary...

First button is "hide to tray" and only hides UI (nothing appeared in
systray of my Plasma5 desktop). Had to kill it by hand.

Getting to list of VMs is fun. Select connection, go to menu, select
'overview selected connection'. I would rather expect list to be
populated on opening connection.

Then we have buttonmenu to enable bottom tabs... get rid of it or move
somewhere.

Also use better icons. Eye one closes while I thought that it will show
me something.

Get rid of houses from bottom toolbar as it is too polluted now. It is
not 'House of VMs'.

I planned to write more. But played with your tool and decided to close
it and forget about it for a year. Virt-manager is maybe not the
prettiest but works fine for me.