Fedora 23 planning, mass rebuild and changes submission deadline

Jan Kurik jkurik at redhat.com
Tue Apr 28 07:08:50 UTC 2015

Hi all!
Fedora 22 is at its Beta stage now, so it is time to take a closer look on Fedora 23 plans.

Fedora 23 starts with change proposals and as for now, we aim on October release. Initial schedule of Fedora 23 is available at the usual place [1] to give you and idea how it looks like. There is also FESCo ticket for additional feedback [2].

We would like to do F23 mass rebuild as early as possible (due to current Rawhide breakage) but also we do not want to schedule more than one mass rebuild. If you plan any Change that requires mass rebuild, please, let us know in the ticket [3] to coordinate it with time estimate - try to aim it as early as possible.

Submission deadline for changes not requiring mass rebuild has been set to 2015-06-23. It applies for System Wide changes but it is always good to have most of Self Contained changes proposed too. The policy is available at [4] and empty template for a change is available at [5].

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/23/Schedule
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1430
[3] https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/6162
[4] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Policy