minimal requirements for subpackage named common

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 30 23:20:24 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-04-28 at 15:15 +0200, Jan Chaloupka wrote:

> Is there a minimum requirement what should a common package provide
> or
> is it just arbitrary?

There's no real requirement. Personally 'common' is the name I'd most
likely expect, with one proviso; I kinda expect a package named
'common' to be basically useless on its own, and exist *solely* for
this purpose (to provide resources shared between two other packages).
If the shared package contains enough stuff to actually be useful in
some way on its own, I'd probably expect it to have another name, like
'core'.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey