Grub2 older in f24 than in f23

Igor Gnatenko i.gnatenko.brain at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 20:24:40 UTC 2015

I spotted this problem when I was drinking beer with my friend. I wrote
this mail because it's not first time when grub is older in rawhide than in
XXX. I can't really file bugs in RHBZ while I'm not with laptop, only with
PHONE.

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 7:53 PM Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>
wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 02, 2015 at 12:33:39PM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>
> wrote:
> haven't
> rawhide which
> > >
> > > Hi Igor,
> > >
> > > I have to ask the same question as earlier, this is sent to devel
> because.. ?
> > >
> > > It looks like this belongs to the bugzilla, or a private email, not
> quite on the
> > > devel list.
> >
> > Why not?  He CC'd the maintainer.  It is relevant to the development of
> Fedora.
> >
> > I would be curious what you think the devel list is for.  I don't
> > think discouraging people from sending patches or wider communication
> > is in our best interest.  If the idea is to increase the number of
> > eyes on an issue, then those activities seem very appropriate.
>
> I saw this has a private email sent to you and cc'ed to your boss to make
> sure
> it gets enough attention from you.
> That with the patch sent in the earlier email without any context, kinda
> sound
> like public shaming to me, but that might be just me, in such case I take
> back
> what I wrote.
>
> If the email was about: "I reported a problem last week, no news from the
> maintainer but this sounds important to me, could someone have a look at
> it", it
> would have been more than fine by me.
>
> But then again, might be just a personal feeling or cultural differences.
>

> Pierre
> --

-Igor Gnatenko