[Test-Announce] Fedora 23 Alpha Release Candidate 1 (RC1) (mostly) Available Now!

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 5 19:02:18 UTC 2015

[sorry this is late, I sent it from the wrong email address :< RC2 will
be landing in ~8 hours]

Somewhat later than scheduled [1], Fedora 23 Alpha Release Candidate 1
(RC1) is now available for testing. Please help us complete as much of
the validation testing as we can!

We already know we'll need an RC2, but so far the expected change is
minor (likely just dropping some packages from Server DVD). We
definitely need to fill out all the Alpha tests with RC1 to find any
other lurking blockers, so please help!

The Cloud base i386 image is hitting a mysterious failure during
compose. releng will work on it tomorrow, but if we can't fix it
there's a possibility it'll simply be dropped. All other significant
images should be available.

Content information, including changes, can be found at
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/6213#comment:6 . Please see the
following pages for
download links and testing instructions. Normally dl.fedoraproject.org
should provide the fastest download, but download-
ib01.fedoraproject.org is available as a mirror (with an approximately
1 hour lag) in case of trouble. To use it, just replace "dl" with
"download-ib01" in the download URL.

Installation:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test

Base:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Base_Test

Workstation and Desktop:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test

Server:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Server_Test

Cloud:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Cloud_Test

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Summary

All Alpha priority test cases for each of these test pages
[2] must pass in order to meet the Alpha Release Criteria [3]. We are
also trying to run the Beta and Final tests  at this time, to try and
identify later release blocker bugs as early as possible.

Help is available on #fedora-qa on irc.freenode.net [4], or on the
test list [5].

Create Fedora 23 Alpha test compose (TC) and release candidate (RC)
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/6213

Current Blocker and Freeze Exception bugs:
http://qa.fedoraproject.org/blockerbugs/current

[1]
http://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-23/f-23-quality-tasks.html
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan