package-cleanup after F21

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Aug 11 17:40:03 UTC 2015

Am 11.08.2015 um 19:29 schrieb Felix Miata:
> Reindl Harald composed on 2015-08-11 19:00 (UTC+0200):
>
>> Michael Schwendt composed:
>
>>> To which I pointed you at their manual, which explicitly comments on the
>>> "package-cleanup --leaves" command you had tried before.
>
>> it *is not* a replacement because "yum autoremove" existed and is a
>> completly different beast
>
> So yum-deprecated autoremove does not preserve the yum functionality?

what did you not understand in "yum autoremove existed and is a
completly different beast?" - that is, never was and never will be a
replacement for "package-cleanup --leaves --all"

package-cleanup was never part of yum so it's not part of dnf
it's part of yum-utils which don't exist for dnf

and with F23 there is *one release after* the replacement of YUM

honestly, if i would make such "replacements" i would get fired
instantaneously, even after 12 years and building up the whole software
and infrastructure from scratch