Is it time to allow Chromium in Fedora?

Christopher Meng i at cicku.me
Wed Aug 12 01:19:06 UTC 2015

On 8/12/15, Andrew Lutomirski <luto at mit.edu> wrote:
> IMO it would be really really neat if Fedora could deterministically
> rebuild whatever binary Mozilla distributes and have a binary
> identical package.
>
> /me stops daydreaming
>
> I think that, in general, Fedora is too slow about turning a security
> update submitted to stable via Bodhi into an actual available update.
> For high-profile things like Firefox, we're pretty good about getting
> karma, but even that depends on people manually installing an update
> that isn't actually available in updates-testing so they can give it
> karma.

Delay from package manager can't be avoided, signing, mirroring,
testing, building...

But for some popular packages we should open a seperate channel to
push them immediately after successful koji build(also marked as ok
for push from packager).

Firefox and chromium are hitting exploits always.

/daydreaming as well.
--

Yours sincerely,
Christopher Meng