nothing provides /bin/python needed by mercurial-3.5-1.fc23.x86_64

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Aug 12 12:47:15 UTC 2015

Am 12.08.2015 um 14:33 schrieb Neal Becker:
> I'm stuck on this (again).  According to advice here:
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-June/211666.html
>
> I just needed to use
> Requires: /usr/bin/python
>
> But I tried changing
>
> Requires: python

> Requires: /usr/bin/python
>
> and it doesn't work.  Somehow I still get:
> Requires: /bin/python /usr/bin/env libc.so.6()(64bit) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.14)

there are still places where /bin and /sbin is in PATH and there are
still packages like glibc which provides on /sbin/ldconfig

on dist-upgrades this makes always troubles when self built packages are
using the correct /usr/sbin/ldconfig, hence i rolled out a blank
meta-package with Provides

frankly after that long time UsrMove happened these fragments should be
completly removed all over the distribution and features *finished*

there was even a package guideline mandating that which was removed for
hard to understandable reasons

Provides:  %{_bindir}/perl
Provides:  %{_sbindir}/ldconfig