Is it time to allow Chromium in Fedora?

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 23:36:05 UTC 2015

Gerald B. Cox píše v Út 11. 08. 2015 v 11:25 -0700:
> There has been a lively discussion within KDE regarding the Konqueror
> browser; and subsequently it has been decided that a non-KDE, GTK
> browser will be the default for the spin.
>
> Why, because Firefox is the only choice for Fedora, Chromium is not
> allowed.

And how would Chromium make this particular situation better? It looks
even less integrated in KDE than Firefox.

Nevertheless, it looks like we will need to find a solution to this
because Qt developers have decided to replace Qt WebKit with Qt Web
Engine which is nothing, but a bundled Chromium. So if we want Qt apps
in Fedora to draw HTML in the future, we probably won't have a lot of
choice.

Jiri