Sponsors - who does (not) work on FE-NEEDSPONSOR tickets

Parag Nemade panemade at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 09:05:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com> wrote:
> Recently we had discussion here about the queue of package reviews with
> FE-NEEDSPONSOR flag.
> I suggested to write some script which would query db and reveal those
> sponsors who does not make his duty.
>
> Here comes this script:
>    https://github.com/xsuchy/guard-fedora-sponsors
>
> It is first version and I'm sure there will be some false negatives. The
> current logic is:
> 1. query FAS to get all usernames from packager group who are sponsors
> 2. for each such user get all bugs from past 365 day for Package Review
> component which are assigned to this sponsor
> 3. give the sponsor some credit when he changed bug status (to whatever
> state) as this indicate some work on this bug
> 4. give the sponsor some credit if he remove FE-NEEDSPONSOR from blocking
> bugs as this indicate finishing sponsor work
>
> This does not reflect if you sponsor somebody directly. E.g. because he want
> to be become co-maintainer and does not submit package review.
>
> This time I run it for past year. So this script reveals those who does not
> sponsor anybody for whole year. I hope that in future I can lower this
> constant to half year or even 3 months.
>
> Ideas, patches and comments about this script are welcome.

So, how are you going to address my issue?  I always work using my
email id which is associated with inactive/old FAS id but I never want
to use email in bugzilla which is associated with my newly migrated
FAS id. I have always kept a line between my fedora
development/packaging work and my voluntary package review work.

I know the intent behind this is to soon remove inactive sponsors from
sponsors group.

Regards,
Parag.