F23 Self Contained Change: RPM MPI Requires Provides

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 11:49:45 UTC 2015

On 15.08.2015 13:31, Jan Kurik wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 5:45 AM, Orion Poplawski <orion at cora.nwra.com
> <mailto:orion at cora.nwra.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/27/2015 04:05 PM, Sandro Mani wrote:
>

>         On 27.07.2015 23 <tel:27.07.2015%2023>:56, Sandro Mani wrote:
>
>             Ok I've now got one full build of all MPI packages [1].
>             Investigating
>             the output, things are looking good, except for the fact
>             that I
>             realized that I'll also need to handle binaries
>             MPI_PYTHON_SITEARCH
>             and MPI_FORTRAN_MOD_DIR - these directories are outside
>             MPI_HOME and
>             hence currently don't get the enhanced requires/provides
>             strings.
>             Since change deadline is tomorrow, I'd like to see the
>             rebuilds
>             starting to land in rawhide+F23 despite of this remaining
>             issue, and
>             then I'll look at cleanly adapting the scripts to also
>             handle the
>             (few) remaining cases.
>
>             I've prepared a set of git am-able patches to apply to the
>             various
>             packages here [2]. The rebuild sequence needed is posted
>             below.
>
>             Know FTBFS are paraview (protobuf incompatibility) and
>             netgen-mesher
>

>         (orrection: that would be gmsh
>
>             (someone had the great idea of doing something like
>             #define Status int
>             in a public header and I haven't yet got around to finding
>             out who).
>             Affected by the missing handling of MPI_PYTHON_SITEARCH and
>             MPI_FORTRAN_MOD_DIR are elpa, sundials, pypar and mpi4py.
>
>             So if any proven packager could fire the rebuilds, that
>             would be much
>             appreciated.
>

>     Where are we with this?  I see some F23 builds but no updates yet.
>

> Formally, this Change has been removed from the scope of F23 as it was
> not ready for Alpha, which is a requirement to have a Change in a release.
> However Zbyszek told me yesterday that he is going to work on it and
> would like to push this F23. So, lets see when it will be ready and
> then decide whether it can still meet the F23.
>
> Regards,
> Jan
So the issues I pointed out in my previous mail (conerning
MPI_PYTHON_SITEARCH and MPI_FORTRAN_MOD_DIR) above have been resolved. A
batch of F24 rebuilts has been done by Zbyszek, hitting some build
failures along the way. Most of these are now fixed, still needing a fix
is nwchem which fails [1] due to what appears to be a fortran "use
before decleared" issue. Once a full set of working F23 package is
built, the plan is to submit one big mass-update.

If anyone knowledgable of fortran has an idea how to fix the nwchem
issue, that should resolve the last pending issue. Appears to have been
triggered by a recent change of some other component, since it rebuilt
fine just a few weeks back when testing in copr.

Sandro

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=676763