Sponsors - who does (not) work on FE-NEEDSPONSOR tickets

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Aug 17 07:08:21 UTC 2015

Dne 15.8.2015 v 11:21 Christopher Meng napsal(a):
> And some people contributed a lot in the past, after this result will
> you request revoking their sponsorship and wipe them out?

NO!
There is really no pros if we revoke some sponsors. We just need them more active. And we need more sponsors. (BTW if
you are not yet sponsor and you want to become one, just follow:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_sponsor_a_new_contributor#Becoming_a_Fedora_Package_Collection_Sponsor
)

My motivation for this script were already described here:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-July/212527.html

And I will repeat:
The purpose is *not* to revoke someone sponsorship role. Neither to put a shame on somebody.

It is perfectly fine if you pause your Fedora activity. It is *volunteer* work. On the other hand sometimes we (as
Fedora) have the right to send signals "Hey, we are here! Do you remember us?!".

> My thought is some of these above can be dropped since they indeed no
> longer work in Fedora Project, leaving the privilege to them is
> useless:

*nod*, I enhanced the script to skip those sponsors who are marked as inactive in FAS.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA