Sponsors - who does (not) work on FE-NEEDSPONSOR tickets

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 17 13:18:21 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com> wrote:
> Dne 17.8.2015 v 14:47 Josh Boyer napsal(a):
>> I would recommend removing all of the above people from the sponsors group.
>
> -1
> There is nothing wrong on being inactive. At least as long as others are active.
> If they would want, they can return any time they want.

There is a problem though.  It makes the sponsors list larger than it
actually is, and gives the impression that we have more people
available for sponsoring than we actually do.  From a new packager
perspective, it is even more frustrating to see a larger list and
still have no sponsor.  It also lends itself to those people being
contacted directly for sponsorship requests, which will then go
ungranted because they are not active sponsors.

At the very least, we need to have a way to mark these people as
inactive so they are accurately reflected.

> We should *not* be like turned down lover "If you leave me once, you are not welcome any more."

I didn't say or suggest that they aren't welcome.  I said we should
remove them from the sponsors list.  Please do not elevate things to
hyperbole.

> And as I said previously, the knowledge you proven to have as sponsor does not disappear. The guidelines does not change
> too much. You can refresh your knowledge in few hours.

Correct.  However, if they return it should be as simple and quick to
get them granted access again.

josh