pyorbit

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 18 17:58:22 UTC 2015

> On Tue, 2015-07-21 at 12:36 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/pyorbit.git/plain/dead.package
> >
> > > last user has been retired, package EOL
> >
> > Error: nothing provides pyorbit(x86-64) >= 2.0.1 needed by gnome
> > -python2-bonobo-2.28.1-16.fc23.x86_64
> >
> > What's the full story here? Where has this been
> > discussed/announced?
>
> Note that some distro tools require this - at least policycoreutils
> -gui
> does.
>
> The good news is I'm fairly sure that dependency at least is
> trivially
> removable, working on it now.

Bad news: no, it's not that simple at all. Uses a bunch of old crap in
its glade file, that requires the app code to have done
gnome_program_init(), which for python stuff is in gnome-python2. I
thought the gnome.program_init() calls were basically unnecessary, but
nope, needed. I am not up for bashing on this stuff right now.

So, system-config-selinux and sepolgengui are going to be broken until
someone ports them to something newer, or someone resurrects pyorbit.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey