DNF - Update packages from specific repository with dependencies

Jan Zelený jzeleny at redhat.com
Wed Aug 19 07:19:15 UTC 2015

On 19. 8. 2015 at 09:05:47, Zelja Tux wrote:
> I tried the deprecated command yum and it works:
> yum-deprecated -y repository-packages MYREPO update
> yum-deprecated -y repo-pkgs MYREPO update
>
> Also this command is right solution, if all packages have same prefix (but
> my packages doesnt have same prefix, and I don't want to hardcode all
> package names there)
> dnf --enablerepo=MYREPO update $(sudo dnf list installed | grep
> PREFIX_OF_MY_PACKAGES* | cut -f1 -d " ")

I don't quite follow. Why don't you use dnf repository-packages? It works the
same as yum's equivalent.

> I can use yum-deprecated, buts iits somehow awkward :)

Yes, yum-deprecated is ultimately going to be removed so we generally
discourage users from using it if not necessary.

> After update to  dnf-1.1.0-2.fc22.noarch, this same command
> dnf -y repository-packages MYREPO update
> takes 5 minutes or more, and update is just few kilobytes.

If you think it's a bug and not e.g. network latency, feel free to report it.

Thanks
Jan