Unable to submit update for F22 (was Re: bodhi 2 now live)

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Aug 20 10:00:14 UTC 2015

On 20/08/15 10:28, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 08/20/2015 09:51 AM, Milan Crha wrote:
>> On Wed, 2015-08-19 at 21:45 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>>> There will likely be oddities and bugs. Please file them in github so
>>> we can prioritize them and get them fixed up.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues
>>
>>     Hi,
>> I do not have a github account, and I'm currently not going to create
>> any (github is not my favorite site), thus I'm writing here instead
>> (after all, Fedora infrastructure issue => Fedora bugzilla, no?).
> I share this view. I refuse to create a github account and do not
> consider using any external account resources for Fedora to be acceptable.
>
>> I tried to submit an update for Fedora 22 and it just tells me that it
>> wasn't able to submit it with absolutely no reason. My values are:
>
> And this as well. I just tried to create an update for F23 and was just
> told "unable to create update".
>
> So be it, ... give me a ping when you think bodhi is ready for public
> usage. ATM it definitely is not.

I had the same issue trying to create an update for F23. I was able to
manage it eventually by using "fedpkg update", once I'd updated
python-fedora from F21 updates-testing.

However, I later needed to edit that update to change the build, and the
result is an update with no builds that I can't even access any more.

https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/202

Looks like you need to hit "enter" after typing/pasting in the package
NVR into the "Candidate Builds" field, which was not at all obvious to me.

Paul.